[VAC] Hydraulic/Electric Brake Controllers (Was 'Stromberg tow car kits')

I have an old Kelsey-Hayes brake-controller i got from a generous person on
this list - I spent a week working with my mechanic buddy trying to install
it into the '99 Durango - eventually gave up, due to the difficulty of
finding Cadmium Plated (VERY important NOT to use brass) fittings/tees etc.
that would mate up the newer metric fittings on the Dodge... so i went ahead
and put in a Jordan Research controller... took about an hour and a half,
once i'd decided where it goes (under the steering column).

I also picked up a 1-Ohm variable resistor from Mouser (per Dr. J) so that
when i DO find a puller to install it into, i can 'trim' the current going
from the old Kelsey-Hayes Hydraulic to the brakes of whatever toad i'm
pulling.

I have an early '50's Kelsey-Hayes Electric Brake Controller which i'm
planning to install into the FrankenJeepster, when the time comes. In the
event that it proves inadequate, I'll undoubtedly use the K-H Hydraulic in
that puller... I've also got my old Tekonsha ramp-style as a backup... did i
tell you guys i bought it cheap on e-bay - and it turns out to be the exact
same one i sold in a garage sale about 25 years ago? I'd marked the wires
with masking tape and marker pen - i recognized it immediately.

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
'49 FrankenJeepster
WBCCI#8862/VAC