[VAC] Re: Need esthetic feedback, HELP. Pass onto wife if this is not your arena.

Hey Lincoln & Gwen

Marcy and I have the same vintage Tradewind as yours and are merrily
messing with it. We share your sentiments on the vinyl interior endcaps and
the oppressive dark brown melamine on the closet doors. I'd be very
interested in knowing what success you have painting the endcaps. The front
one in ours has a couple of small cracks -- something else I have to figure
out.

We have stripped the vinyl wallpaper off the interior walls (though not off
the inside of the shell) and are painting the plywood wood underneath with
a light color paint. Seems like it's going to give the A/S a much more open
feel. Our floor is vinyl, which we expect to cover with parquet. And we're
having the cushions re-upholstered.

Someplace down the road I'd really like to remove the dark brown melamine
from the closet doors and replace it with some brighter color -- but maybe
painting it is a viable option. I'd really like to know how yours turns out
if you go that route.

Noted you got hit with a bit of testiness; ignore it. There's plenty of
'70s era  Airstreams around to supply both the folks who want to "restore"
and those who want to "renovate."

I just wish the 8-track player in mine still worked . . .

Look forward to reading about your progress.

Greg