[VAC] Re: Need esthetic feedback, HELP. Pass onto wife if this is not your arena.

Hi Gwen,
         Even though your '76 is "vintage"- and the '70's models are my
favorite, I wouldn't concern myself with not keeping it original (which you
aren't ;)- but... the one thing I do like about the '70's models is the
"concept" behind the interior design- the laminate walls and panels are
*very* strong, and *very* lightweight- though I agree the fake wood grain
can get to be a bit much.
         I'm not a big fan of painting the interior walls- probably just
because the examples I have seen have been done so poorly. One thing that
comes to mind is with new curtains, the majority of the walls are covered.
I do like fabric covering for walls/ceiling, though.
         As to the tambour, if it original, it may be on its' last legs
anyway, so painting might be a good experiment, imho..

         Check out the inside design project
http://www.insidedesign.com/projects.html for some neat ideas.

         Good luck- and have fun!

________