[VAC] Re: little snag with the K-H brake controller...

Well, after buying a Mouser 50W/1ohm rheostat, and three days trying to
install the K-H into the Durango, I gave up. The principal problem being
finding appropriate 'tee' fittings, complicated by the fact that a brass
fitting had been put into the back of the controller, and had to be reamed
out. I was waiting to re-tap the fitting until i found a useable tee that
would mate to the new brake line, but visits to an half-dozen brake, truck,
and rv service shops, as well as the Dodge service dept. left me tee-less.

Bottom line: I installed the Jordan Research Ultima 2020 in the Durango, and
ordered another for the Prowler. I may attempt to install it into the
FrankenJeepster when the time comes - FJ will have the rear end and brakes
from a '77-'79 Lincoln Versailles, so it should  be more 'compatible' in any
case... ALTHOUGH....i do have an electric K-H brake controller circa 1950
that really belongs in the Jeepster... Perhaps the K-H hydraulic should go
into the '62 Kaiser-Willys 'Forward-Control' 170 that's due here in
August...

Thanks for all the help, though... even if it doesn't help us right now, it
will undoubtedly come in handy in future...

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
'49 FrankenJeepster
'62 FC-170