[VAC] Old things Last!

All of us who own vintage Airstreams can be pleased at the quality of the
metal, the fixtures and even the aluminum LP tanks. The things that have
not weathered time as well are the plastic lighting covers and to a lesser
degree the Univolt and electrical.
I was pleasantly surprised this AM by a news report on CNN of a 100 year
old light bulb (4 watts) that has been burning continuously in a Fire
Station in Livermore,
California. It was hand blown and has a carbide filament. Anyone know why
this technology went bye bye. With that kind of longevity I'm wondering
why we don't have carbide filaments in our vintage coaches? :)
Bob

Photos of new 1966 Ford F-250 Camper Special puller coming soon.

http://mrminimal.com

1966 Airstream "Safari"  WBCCI #2857
1966 Ford F-250 "Camper Special"
Mira Mar Mobile Community