[VAC] Pearl's Grand Canyon Trip Recommendations

Pearl,

Your recommendations are right on the mark! My wife and I had the
opportunity to visit several of the places you mentioned about a month ago.
We covered 4700 miles and 10 states in 14 days in our Airstream B190. I
celebrated my 41st birthday while in the Airstream park in Oklahoma. Those
Navajo tacos at the Cameron Trading Post are huge and awesome! That tin
ceiling is really cool! I would add Monument Valley at sunset to that trip
though. It was beautiful. We really enjoyed Gallup, New Mexico also. It is a
town that is still sort of behind the times. I had brought some shocks with
me that I didn't have time to put on before leaving. I found a great local
shop with very trustworthy owners. They installed the Bilsteins for 12.00
each. This was even after it was more trouble than they thought it would be
and it took them 3 hours. The name of the shop is D&D Auto and is right off
of I-40 in Gallup, NM if anyone ever needs any work done. A guy named Dave
is the owner and I can't recall his partner's name.
Terry Tyler would have proud since we only spent $8.50 on lodging the entire
time we were gone. Part of that was due to 20.00 in lottery winnings that
were used to pay for the only night we stayed in a campground besides
staying at the Airstream park in Oklahoma! In the entire 2 weeks we didn't
open the awning once. We weren't sitting still long enough!

Thanks, Geven
'67 Caravel
'93 Airstream B190 (for sale)