[VAC] Re: Fw: Fantastic Fan -- good question -- Light cover replacement

Bobby-

I'll bring mine along to the International if you want them. They are old, somewhat yellow, like most of them get. One thing about mine, though. They have one or two extra holes in them. I installed additional toggle switches for each light. I prefer to make sure that they are off, and it also saves wear/tear on the rotating switch if you turn them off with the toggle. It' easy to do, just splice into the circuit running to the existing switch. Saves a little power since we can leave them on the low setting while boondocking.

BTW, you can get ahold of new covers very easily by ordering from A/s. The new ones are made almost identical to the old ones, BUT, they are a beautiful nice WHITE color!

Airstream Replacement Part # is 201154. "Lens, ceiling light". It's listed as fitting '72 through '77. Cost $11.49 apiece, not bad.

I haven't been able to locate a replacement for the little round knob, though. It kinda looks funny with this nice new white cover and a dingy yellow knob! I cobbled one from an old white dimmer switch by drilling it out and using the threaded portion of the old knob. Not a perfect fix, but better than nothing.

I'd like to know if they make a replacement cover for the reading lights located over the beds--anybody know???