[VAC] Re: Air Conditioner Cleaning?(Replacement filters)

Hi Dan Weeks,

Now that you know about the potential for a brittle a/c cover, you might want to start looking for a
younger one. Our '77 31' did have a brittle cover and for several years, I had been very cautious
about removing it to clear leaves. During those same several years, I kept looking for a younger
cover (not new) that could accept the blue trim strip on my cover and never did find one.

This last winter, I saw a used one on a shelf at Oasis RV in Tucson. I asked; he said "Yes" and I
paid him what amounted to peanuts. He removed the old one, took the blue vinyl stripe off it and put
it onto the old/new one and reinstalled the cover for me. Looks sharp.

If I had seen another one, I'd have bought it too. I don't have a parts supply house in my garage,
but I don't walk away from buying rare parts just because I don't happen to need them at the moment.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net