[VAC] Re: Dometic gas fridge start up

As I recall you don't turn the igniter knob, you pull it an let it go while
holding down the gas valve button.

A common problem is that the gas valve button does not open far enough to
feed the pilot light, so the pilot never lights.

The cure for this [which I got from the foreman of the old Airstream factory
in Cerritos, CA is:

Put a small nut or a couple of small washers in the cup of the lever
attached to the pilot actuator.  This is easily accessible from the door
behind the refrigerator (on the outside of the trailer).  These spacers
allow the valve to open further, and thus increases the gas flow during
start up.

Be sure to light a burner on the stove first (then shut it off), to purge
the gas line before trying to light the refrigerator.

Oliver Filippi