[VAC] Re: afety Vue windows2

You would not believe the literature  describing the advantages of the
"SafetyVue Windows!"  I have the original brochures that "show-off" the
new windows.
It shows a picture of a man standing on the glass, while it is on the
ground!
It is suppoesed to be very strong, and impact resistant! It probably is,
but I'm not gonna stand on it!  <g>
From what I've heard, some windows just fall out, because of  bad
caulking and years of weather and abuse or non-maintenance performed by
owners.  I would guess the only thing is to keep it clean!
Others have told me their's had broken by walking into it.  This is true
especially with the glass closest to the entry door. I think it is a
twisting movement that would snap it.
I think I read here that Terry Tyler hangs a ribbon, or other type
warning marker, on his windows. I have done the same. I only open my
doorway window a little!
The front window...well, that's a whole different story on what might
happen.
Needless to say, a good looking tinted piece of Lexan would probably
make more sense than a glass pane any day, but if originality is the
issue...'nuff said!
I have found some original glass for the front, and I also found the
original front window rock guard, but I know that guard isn't so good,
or else we would all have them!  They dry rot, or become brittle after
years of...whatever, I'm no chemist..but they break!
Rock shields work, but for the curved glass, I don't know how you would
apply it..but keep at it!
Welcome back all the Region 1 Rally participants...you had good weather!

Nick   CT
WBCCI  #2577
WDCU
VAC