[VAC] Re: Vintage T-Birds as Trailer Pullers

Vince,

In the mid 70s, I considered what you are looking to do. The biggest stumbling block was the
T-Bird's low profile. Adding a trailer hitch and the weight that it must distribute when connected
to a trailer would only reduce the profile further.

As much as I wanted to emotionally go with the T-Bird, I couldn't justify it when I remembered all I
had learned in my high school physics class. Using a T-Bird for shows is one thing. The show roads
are predictable, smooth and short. But, taking it on a trip changes everything dramatically.
Reluctantly, I let go of the idea and instead, chose a big, bicep flexing bad boy. I still have it
and it's a joy to use as a Vintage Hauler (and every other task I've asked it to perform).

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net
1967 22' Safari
1975 Mercury Station Wagon, factory towing package, 460 CID V-8, dual exhausts, etc., etc.