[VAC] Re: Interiors- cushions

Hi Jim,
My '64 globetrotter did not have wood panel backing on the cushions.
There was a board of plywood in each of the back cushions I presume to
give them support while being used in the couch position.  My
Globetrotter has an end and a side berth that both pull out into double
beds.  There is also a small narrow strip of foam that fills in next to
the wall so that there is foam all across the width of the berth when it
is made into a bed. This strip also supports the seat cushion (by
keeping it from scooting back) when in use as a couch.  This strip of
foam also has a wood panel insert on the bottom presumably to give
support when it is used as a bed.  The frame of the bunk only has slats
right next to the wall when the berth is extended into a double bed.

I have replaced all the foam and have covered it with muslin while I
wait for the upholstery fabric to arrive.  I slid the wood panels inside
the muslin covers and then stitched them up.

I hope this helps.
leslie