[VAC] Re: "Smoke & Tears" - transformed

Bob, glad you found a more satisfactory puller. I ordered a new 1978 E-250
van set up to pull a '73 Sovereign I had at the time. The '78s were the last
of the regular leaded gas, pre-smog control models. Due to a screw up by the
dealer, the build order was delayed and the truck came as a '79 model with
all the early emission control "stuff" which choked down an otherwise strong
464 cu. in. engine. Still, it was a work horse although I was glad I ordered
the 40 gal fuel capacity option as it burned a lot of gas pulling a 31
footer.

What is the situation with the 1966 pre-smog "Camper Special" pickup you are
trading for? Is it exempt from the California smog approval requirement you
have been dealing with on your '79 van? I would hope so.

Jim Greene