[VAC] Re: Owner and Service Manuals

Jeff, I recently acquired a '68 Tradewind and the 1972 Service Manual -- and
the '68 Owner's Manual. I believe you will find, as I have, that between
both manuals most of  the information needed to maintain and make repairs on
a 1968 model Airstream is covered. Both manuals cover all models (lengths)
that were made with differences between models noted. I am just before
undertaking some of the major renovation and restoration projects on my '68
Tradewind that some of the other vintage Airstream owners on this list have
already done. They may be able to make first hand comments on the
usefullness of the printed information from Airstream. I have done
customizing and made repairs (replaced refrigerator, freeze damaged
plumbing, etc.) on the two Airstreams I  previously owned. After reviewing
both manuals and having this list and its archives as resources, I'm
comfortable undertaking the R&R projects my Tradewind needs to put it back
in first class traveling and camping condition. The manuals are definitely a
confidence builder.

Jim Greene