[VAC] Re: Dump Valve Question

Howdy:

I had a similar problem when I first got my trailer.  I actually bent the
clips a little to allow them to go over the ends of the handle.  Later I
discovered that the problem was that there was material, no doubt paper,
preventing the slide gate from completely seating, thus causing the gate and
handle to be slightly ajar.  When this obstruction finally cleared, the gate
fully closed and I was able to employ the clips with no problem.  Then I had
to bend them back to their original shape so that they would stay put on the
handle ends.

Could be a similar situation?

GQ '67 Safari