[VAC] Re: Smoke & Tears

I'm no expert for sure.   I run Mopar stuff. The Mopars need a special valve
cover gaskets from my "Friendly Dodge Dealer" that is made of a special high
temperature rubber compound. Cork gaskets burn up with the heat of trailer
towing and become totally useless in a few miles. Could that be your
problem?

Also, I heard some Ford engines had problems with oil NOT flowing back to
the oil pan due to plugged passageways ...this would allow the valve covers
to fill up with oil ....this caused all kinds of leaks as well as oil going
through the valve guides and causing it to burn in the engine also.  I don't
know what Ford engines did this, however. I know my brother had one once.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html