[VAC] Re: Insured Value

If you get to declare the value, Jim, put down everything you've got in it!  Think of it as "replacement value" or think of it as a collector's item if you like.  My father had a beautiful old Carl Zeiss Exacta camera which I borrowed and got stolen in my foolish youth, and because he had not declared a value for it, they gave him basically the pawn shop value for it.  They may still try to go by some kind of "average" price but if you have declared a value and have documentation of your expenses, if the time comes you will have a better chance of getting a decent reimbursement for it.  Good luck!  I'd like to know what you think of your dealings with them; I've been thinking of insuring mine since my homeowner's and car insurance only covers it when it's attached to my car and moving.  Does the policy Camping World has cover the contents when it's sitting still also?  Is it theft, damage, or what kind of coverage?

--Sarah