[VAC] Re: Stupid Newbie Question....

They used the same oven in a '71 Globe Trotter. There are two stop cocks
under the stove top. The main one on the right for the main shutoff and the
one toward the left on the 1/4 inch line to the oven pilot. The pilot will
light if the left stop cock is opened. There is no safety shut off. If the
pilot blows out, I guess the eventual  "KaBOOM!" will alert you to a
problem. When you
are done with the oven, turn off the left shutoff  - the pilot goes out.
When the stove or oven is not in use, TURN OFF the main shut off ...unless
you like the smell of propane in your trailer. I don't really like this oven
(too short) and I certainly don't trust it. Often, the smell of propane is
there, but I doubt it's ever been to explosive levels. The main gas shutoff
is the only way I feel safe with it!!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html