[VAC] Sad News

Last June, just after i picked up my Airstream and brought it home to Reno,
I took off on a road trip, stopping in Bismarck for the International. At
the time, I was not yet a WBCCI or VAC member, but had been active on both
A/S and VAC lists for a couple of weeks.

When I (finally) located the rally site on Saturday morning, practically
everyone was at the exhibition hall. I was wandering among the vintage rigs
when i was hailed by a fellow who turned out to be Bill Scott. In spite of
the fact that he was occupied with preparing his notes for the judging of
the Vintage Concours, he spared me a few minutes to talk about the club, the
DC Unit, and his ideas about the future of the WBCCI. He took the time to
direct me to the appropriate places at the exhibit hall, so that i might
join, invited me to the VAC meeting that afternoon, and then handed me off
to Tom Patterson, who happened to be at his trailer across the way.

He was a gentleman, a scholar, and a great guy. I wish I'd known him longer.

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
WBCCI #8862, VAC
Reno, NV