[VAC] Re: Brake Replacement on a 1968 Caravel

Jeff,
 I don't know where you find those loaded backing plates, but when you
find them, get 2. You always want your brake shoes to be identical on
both sides. There's no problem getting shoes from NAPA, et. al, but you
want both sides to come from the same source so the friction
characteristics are the same.

You might be able to get ALL of the components from NAPA, as they're
probably Hayes brakes. The only thing I'd be concerned about would be
the magnet lever arm, that's kind of a 'non wear item' and normally
never needs to be replaced. Shoes, magnets, and springs, including
retaining springs and washers, plus adjusters should all be 'shelf'
items.

                             <<Jim>>