[VAC] 03/06/01 Tuesday - EEWCRC

"Exploring East & West of the Colorado River Caravan"

The rain finally caught up with us last night. Sprinkles in the desert are a big deal. This
morning's tour was the Roy Roger's Museum. It was like no other museum. Whoever was in charge of
keeping and tabulating everything was most diligent. We have never seen a more comprehensive
collection of lifetime achievement memorabilia. We have a far greater appreciation of the cultural
impact that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans had on our culture.

This afternoon was spent with housekeeping chores, i.e. laundry, ATM, grocery store, refueling, post
office for snail mail and incidentals. Our caravan leaders build this time into the schedule. One of
the conveniences of caravanning is knowing this will occur at desirable locations.

The "memories material" for our caravan journal overflowed the notebook given to us by our caravan
leaders back in Yuma. Today at the Salvation Army store, I found an identical notebook, but with
larger rings. Now we're back in business and organized with room to spare.

Happy Hour and Driver's Meeting occurred in a warm fairground building (important consideration in
March). There were a lot of new snacks this time. Everyone must have gone shopping. We enjoy
visiting with all the caravaners during Happy Hours. Sometimes, it leads to getting together later
in the evening. Today was no exception. After supper, we played Mexican Train dominos with Andy and
Judy. Another enjoyable evening spent with new friends who have become good friends.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net