[VAC] 03/08/01 Thursday - EEWCRC

"Exploring East & West of the Colorado River Caravan"

Breakfast on our own and plenty of time this morning to visit Palm Springs. Everyone in our group
took the recommendation to have lunch at the Marquis Hotel (upscale, fine dining). The food was
delicious and the service was classy. Another benefit was valet parking for luncheon patrons. That
meant we could leave our vehicles there (very limited parking in town) while we went to the Palm
Springs Follies Historic Plaza Theater (nearby). An excellent strategy by our caravan leaders.

The Palm Spring Follies Show was three hours long and one of the best stage shows we've ever seen.
If we lived nearby, we'd go to every show each time there was a new headliner. Afterwards, many
caravaners waited outside to get autographs. Next time, we'll do that.

Part of the reason this show was so uplifting for us is because they were professional dancers and
singers with a wide range of experience and obvious talent. All of these entertainers were our age
and older, in great physical condition and having an grand time.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net