[VAC] Re: Replumb 70' Airstream

My experience with re-plumbing my 1966 Safari came while I was storing it for the winter in Ashland, Oregon.  The pipes did not break but rather swelled in diameter.

I had a bad kitchen faucet which I wanted to replace and that is when I ran up against the pipe diameter problem.  My solution was to connect the new faucet with flex pipe and then use the old fittings from the faucet to fit to the flex pipe.  I had to slightly enlarge the hole in the fitting to get it to slide down over the enlarged copper pipe and I used a bit of marine goop to assure the seal.

The project worked and it has been over a year.  The moral of the story is to save the old fittings when you begin surgery on your copper water pipes.  Good luck.

Bob Kiger
http://mrminimal.com