[VAC] Towing your Caravel

Jeff-

The shocks on the trailer as well as the shocks on the pull vehicle will affect the charicteristics of the towing sensation. (especially in emergency maneuvers)  If you have little history on the overall condition of the trailer shocks-I'd use a sway bar and leveling hitch.

I towed my '69 Caravel 900 miles the first time I towed it;  my F-150, 6 cylinder manual trans. did fine but I had the sway bar, equalizing hitch and electric brake installed at point of origin.

The hitch people were right about it towing like it was all connected as one solid form.

Good luck.

SteveC
'69 Caravel in TC. Mich.