[VAC] Re: Towing a 1968 17' Caravel

Jeff,

Going to the site below would be one example. Click on "weight distributing hitches" and "sway controls". This is the brand that I have but I purchased it through JC Whitney during one their sales. I think it was about $270.00 for everything. The photo of how it looks pretty much tells you how to install it. Very simple. What is very important is finished ball height (hitched up height). For the Caravel it is 18" (hitched up) and having the load bars parallel to the ground is very important as well. The load bars basically just bring the vehicle back to the height it was before attaching the trailer. Interestingly enough is the fact that Airstream recommends a weight distribution hitch as well as a sway control device on ALL their 1967 trailers per the owners manual.

Thanks, Geven
'67 Caravel

http://www.eaz-lift.com/