[VAC] Does '62 Bambi need an Equalizer hitch?

KC,

If you will permit me to rephrase your question, it might be "do I need an
equalizer hitch to tow with a Jeep Cherokee?"

I don't have an absolute answer but  it depends on the overall loaded weight
of your Bambi relative to the weight, spring capacity, distance from the
hitch point to the rear axle, and tires of your Jeep.

A Bambi is a light trailer and Jeeps are a utility vehicle with stiffer
springs and components intended for harder use than cars and probably biased
toward a rougher ride.

My guess is you can tow a Bambi with a Jeep Cherokee without the hitch
assembly but you might want it for additional safety.  A welding shop
familiar with towing hitches can separate your shank from your hitch head
and "reset"a the hitch to match the towing height of your Jeep and Bambi.  I
think I have paid $40 for the job in the past.

Don't "junk the monster."  If you decide you don't need the hitch assembly
after towing your Bambi while full loaded, Merry or others on the list would
probably purchase it from you.