[VAC] Re: Does '62 Bambi need an Equalizer hitch?

Chris,

I don't have any experience with a Bambi or Caravel but I doubt you will
need an equailizer hitch or sway controls to tow a Caravel with a 3/4 ton
Suburban.  You have a strong, stable towing vehicle rated to tow far more
than the Caravel.

I towed my 22' Safari maybe 30 miles last summer when I got it with a 3/4
ton p/u using no equalizer hitch or sway controls and saw no need for
either.  Since I have them I may eventually use an equalizer hitch and one
friction sleeve sway control when I begin towing it just for safety but I
will try it fully loaded for travel before I make the decision.

The only sway control device that I am aware of that can be used without an
equalizing hitch assembly is the friction sleeve type device.

Harvey Barlow