[VAC] Re: Tankless water heaters: travel time to tap?

My experience is that with the hot water heater in the same location as our
previous water heater, the delivery time is about the same.  You might have
literally one or two seconds before the gas kicks on, but otherwise it is
the same.  Also, if you're standing at the sink turning the hot water on
and off, like for washing dishes, the pipes fill up with hot water as they
do with a traditional water heater, and the hot water is there immediately
when you turn the faucet back on.  Of course if you let it sit for a while
it will cool down (the water in the pipes that is.).  I have to say that
while I haven't used one of these units in a trailer I am a convert when it
comes to using them at home.  Also, the space savings are quite substantial
in our home.  It allowed us to put everything, including storage in a very
small furnace closet.  I would be interested to know what the actual size
of the RV units is.  Are they larger or smaller than normal water heaters?
Jodi
Laramie, WY