[VAC] Re: Clothes processor

Sarah:
         I personally would definitely consider a processor for a
full-timing situation where I had a little laundry area in the trailer.  I
would try to batten it down though, these units spin out at really high
RPM's.  These units are built in Italy and are very well built in my
experience, they are also very common in Europe because of space.  Actually
the reason we chose our unit was because of size.  We live in a home with
about 650 sq ft upstairs another 650 down, so our laundry area shares with
a sink and our freezer.  The spot is tight to say the least.  It is
probably about 6" smaller in all three directions (L,W,H), uses much less
water and is very frugal on the electricity.  I would say the biggest thing
most people wouldn't like is that unlike a normal dryer it doesn't dry your
clothes bone dry.  Instead, if you have a big load you'll probably pull out
jeans that need a little time to air out.  I usually hang my stuff next to
the washer for a little while before moving to the closet.  The reason
clothes are still damp is that instead of blowing hot air into the chamber,
the barrel heats up to vaporize the water and then pumps it out through the
same drain tube the washer uses.  As for durability, the only thing I would
caution people about is using too much detergent.  You only need about 2
tablespoons of detergent per load to avoid oversudsing.  Also, if you use a
low sudsing detergent and try to use the regular amount you'll plug up the
fan motor.  (Did that, learned my lesson).  So, if you can stand to use a
fraction of the soap and softener, save water, save electricity and don't
mind changing your ideas of how laundry is done, it might work for
you.  Oh, yeah, as for size, it's big enough for a load of 5 bath towels or
five pairs of jeans, but I usually launder my sleeping bags and the like at
the laundromat.  There are smaller units though, we are a family of 4.
Jodi
Laramie, WY