[VAC] Re: running light problem

Bruce,
 Did you see my message a few days ago? I mentioned that I used a Hoppy
"trailer lighting isolator", purchased at JC Whitney (or your local NAPA
store). This provides all the power to the trailer lights and is only
triggered by the vehicle's lighting system, thus preventing any
possibility of overload. IIRC, it sells for about $60.00 and would also
require an inline fuse or circuit breaker.

When I wire a trailer connector, I NEVER, EVER tap the wiring in the
rear of the tow vehicle, always running a cable from the connector to
under the hood. This prevents any problems from corrosion of the rear
wiring. The Hoppy isolator mounts either under the hood or under the
dash and is tied into the vehicle wiring appropiately.

This thing also takes care of the interface between a vehicle with
seperate amber signal lights and the combined lights on the trailer.

                                               <<Jim>>