[VAC] Re: running light problem

Bruce,

I would be suspicious of the Jeep's trailer wiring harness.  The trailing
wiring harness installer may have tapped into the left running light circuit
of the Jeep to power all trailer running/taillights which creates a
temporary overload on the left taillight circuit.  The Jeep probably has a
relay which trips and then resets when the circuit cools.

I would insist that the trailer wiring harness be rewired to pick up
taillight/running light power back at the fuse panel under the hood of the
Jeep.  It may require some rewiring with larger gauge wire and a larger
fuse/relay.  Don't allow yourself to be dismissed because the present
situation could result in a Jeep electrical fire or at least unreliable
lights while night towing.

You may have to consult a Jeep service manager or company service
representative for advice as to where and how to obtain adequate switched
power for lighting.

Good luck.

Harvey Barlow
Lubbock, TX