[VAC] My '59 Ambassador!

Okay, just got back from my shopping trip. A
sunburned face, a couple bottles of wine, 4 days
of fun & new friends, and 1,600 miles later I'm
the proud new owner of a 1959 28' Ambassador!
(If I can peel it away from it's current A/S
addict-owner three weeks from now). I feel like I
should be passing out cigars or something. I'm
heading back down to California the first week of
April to haul it home (hopefully with a VERY NICE
original owner '82 Silverado that I'm going to
test drive tomorrow). Bye bye T-tops... HELL-OW
sucky gas mileage!! The Flying Cloud was too
small for my full-time comfort needs, I knew it
instantly when I saw it. Also looked at a couple
60's units. The '59 had my name written all over
it - love at first sight.

Anyhoo... here's the scoop. Near perfect skin
(dent on lower left door). Ready to polish to a
high retina-burn finish. Front dinette/rear bath
layout (with original pop-up dinette table)...
originally had twin beds, one original twin base
with built in drawers remains and I'll be
converting to a fold out double futon type
set-up. Original working Princess 4-burner
stove/oven & original white porcelin (or
enameled?) white sinks. Has a totally killer
original gas light fixture in the galley and the
chrome sink-side water filter. Wonderfully large
gas furnace with electric fan on top.  The floor
is newly reinforced (removed small amount of rot
near door) and ready for me to lay hard wood.
Need fridge & tanks. lots of little original
fixtures & parts. I'm partially gutting, then
polishing interior to high disco shine,
refinishing wood, checking electric & plumbing
then putting back together and adding my artsy
fartsy finishing touches.

I'm putting in RV size compost toilet and solar
for 100% self-containment (3 120-watt panels,
Solar Boost unit (makes 3 panels work like 4.5
panels) 4 6-volt battery storage set, Prosine
Inverter). The Prosine is a little more high tech
and more $$ but necessary since I'll be running a
small motor appliance (jeweler's hand piece). The
local solar guys are stoked to see this thing
roll into their parking lot (they've done a
couple Airstreams but none this old - I'm
concerned that they don't mess up my skin during
installation and that they properly reinforce the
bolted areas).

I'll put up a link to pics soon. Any Ambassador
owners out there??? I'd love to hear from you.
Should be hitting the road (and rallies) in 2 - 3
months.

Jill
'59 Ambassador
(I've been DYING to add this part!!!)