[VAC] Water heater cover fix?

Friends-  I Could use some help on finding a replacement part for the cover on my water heater.  My '64 Safari has the original Bowen water heater cover, which the lower half removes by twisting two wing nuts at the bottom. I lost the outer part of this cover last summer. That bit is a perforated aluminum wrap-around, which lets in air for combustion. It fits into the panel with tabs that are twisted on the inside. I suppose I could try to fabricate a replacement, but wonder if anybody has an old one they would be willing to part with, or Ideas for a fix??? Any ideas would be appreciated!
The scratches on the right side of this tiny photo were left by the missing piece as it departed my trailer on the move. That was probably when somebody flashed their lights at me from behind, going through a mountain tunnel in Glenwood Canyon, CO in the middle of the night. No way could I stop to investigate.
Brought the Safari down from the Mountain lot last weekend during a snowstorm- not my choice of conditions, but it was when I could do it. The day before temps were in the 60's. It made for some white-knuckle driving, even just doing as little as 5 mph on the steep hill. One touch to the brakes instantly locked up the trailer wheels in the snow. I wished I could have thrown an anchor out behind the trailer for more drag.  4 WD low ratio was the way to go on that part....Thankfully, no incidents to report.
 I will be prepping "Priscilla" for a week out on the road to New Mexico, where  I hope to find warmth.
            Jere Potter  Ft. Collins, CO