[VAC] 02/26/01 Monday - EEWCRC

"East and West of the Colorado River Caravan"

It was raining this morning when we left for a tour of the Ethel M Chocolates factory. As soon as we
entered the building, samples of chocolates were offered, then we saw how candies were made and
filled.

A new technology feature being offered visitors is to take a computer color picture of them, super
impose it on a 4X6 chunk of chocolate and frame it for giving as a gift (100% edible chocolate). We
sprung for it. It is beautiful. Now, who do we give this gift to? "Sir, you can freeze it and it
will last for years."

Continuing our tour, the Ron Lee World of Clowns included observing workers making ceramic clown
figurines. Thousands were show cased with prices ranging from $50 to $1500. Some were magnificently
complex and detailed beyond any we've seen. It was our first time experience with artistry of this
magnitude.

Lunch was in the clown cafeteria with other caravaners. As so often occurs, there was a lot of
discussion about Airstream features - good and bad. Back at the RV park, our Leader changed the
travel schedule due to continuing rain and wind in Death Valley. One more day in Las Vegas.

This afternoon, I finally figured out the suspicious intermittent engine noise. It stopped when I
sprayed the three fan belts with WD40 and never occurred during the rain. I scouted Leonard's
Automotive Service using a tried and true method. Where do RV dealers send motor homes for repairs?
Abd how many plaques are on the wall for community service? Leonard replaced the belts and a weeping
power steering hose. Small details have a way of needing attention now and then.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net