[VAC] Skin damage and water heater

Thanks Dr.Gerald, RJ, and Harvey.  The patch is going to be no problem.  I
can find the material and any fix will be pretty easy.

Now ... as to the hot water heater.   I found that Poly in Colorado took her
hotwater heater out by herself.  I now feel I CANNOT let down the men in the
world .... I must go into battle and fight this mighty foe.  Pray to the
Airstream gods for me.  I am having my last meal (lunch) and then onward to
combat.

Mr. Hansen, I wish you lived closer.  You sound like Airstream repair
central.  But you gave me hope, and Lord I need that right now.   Charlie,
you told me this is going to be ugly ... considering some of the girls I
dated in my younger years, I can handle ugly.  :)  The connections are flare
and I can remove those easily, but they are solid copper and look like they
will NOT move.   The gas connection should be rather easy.

All the screws are out.  That was easy.  The unit is glued in with about a
ton and a half of what looks like silicone.  I will try to seperate that
with a knife as instructed and will give a progress report later .... if I
survive the battle.

Thanks for the help so far.   If I need a new hot water heater ... any
ideas???

Jerry, 2982