[VAC] Re: Interior modifications

To all-

Thank you for the inspired response on original vs. modified.  I believe
that I have my answer....I have decided after going full circle to wash the
existing curtains and leave them in the unit as is; sand worn woodwork and
cabinet doors- stain as original as possible; fix the stove; replace the
furnace; fix the frig; replace the counters with Formica that looks like
1960's (which actually is not hard to do) put up a new (old looking) gas
light; and replace the sink and faucet with new pieces that look period for
this unit. I may even leave the outside un-polished...(but I'm torn on this
one!)

I believe that the finished work will appear vintage to the casual observer;
be safe for using everyday with my family; and evoke a feeling of
yester-year camping when I've have a couple glasses of good wine.

SteveC
'69 Caravel in TC Mich.