[VAC] Re: insulation - heaters - cold climates

It seems that people with the older Airstream are not keeping as warm. I
have noticed that my '63 Globe Trotter feels very cold on the floor even if
the upper air is warm. The '71 Globe Trotter is a lot more comfortable. This
is when the outside temperature is 20 or less.  Are the 70's Airstreams
better insulated, do you suppose, or is the insulation in my '63 goofed up
by mice and other problems?

I've been having a lot of trouble with my natural gas ventless heaters in my
house. They bother my throat and give me mild bronchitis.  I'd like to try a
propane catalytic and see how they do.  I haven't heard many negative
comments about them. I just wonder where I could put one in my '71 Globe
Trotter. There's not much wall space in there!  Has anyone put a catalytic
in a '71 Globe Trotter?

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer