[VAC] Re: insulation - heaters - cold climates

I don't ski when it is -30 either - that usually happens about 4 AM when I am
still in bed, but it affects the poor Airstream that is left out in the cold.
 Nice thing about Colorado, is that when the sun comes up - so does the
temperature and one usually ends up skiing in 28 degrees above zero weather -
nice!
I think if one were to use an Airstream for getting to and staying at ski
areas, one of the B vans would be the way to go?? Seems I recall someone on
the list doing that, but it may have been on Hunter's list instead.  I found
the walls were very cold in my 64 and I would want a fabric covered panel
between me and the wall if I camped in the winter again.  I used the goucho
for sleeping and pulled it out part way so I could slip the back cushion down
to be between me and the wall.  The old heater didn't work really well for
winter as there is no ducting or blower in the 64 GT so the only warn spot
was right next to the heater or in front of the oven with the door to it open.

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado
WBCCI 7113