[VAC] Re: Not all Airstreams are created equal.

I checked the serial number lists, no way to tell a Beatrice trailer
there.  Both plants started using the same format in 1965 and didn't
change again until 1971. The last digits (sequence #) started over again
each year (usually).  I'm not sure Beatrice had much impact on the
Airstream design, it was just a product line diversification that was
running rampant in the business world about that time (that's when most
of the mega-brand companies were formed).

I think Airstream was just following the style of the times in their
designs and materials.

If anyone was to install dark walnut cabinets with lots of plastic
components, avocado green appliances and brown shag carpet nowadays,
they'd be considered, uh, eclectic....

This is the era I grew up in, so I can saw with impunity: I am thankful
there are those out there who give these trailers from the '70's homes,
'cause they give me flashbacks and the willies...    ;>)

Peace, man,
RJ