[VAC] Re: Hehr window seal repl. ('59 - '65)(66-68)

Harvey,
Your 66, and 67's and 68's had the special Corning side windows.  Very
thin, and curved to follow the side radius.   The openers and closures
were also different, with a special hook closurer, and special spring
steel clips that squeezed on the lower portion of the glass.   We have
discussed these windows many times in the past.  I have personally lost
my mental stability, several times, due to these windows and closurers.
These windows can be replaced with Lexan, using the same closure
hardware, or you can spend lots of money and have the glass cut and
"bent".  You can buy the new clips from a source in 'Los Angeles'.
Occasionly. you will find a junker 66,-7-8 with some windows for sale,
at about $100 per window.   You might find the windows from Inland RV in
CA,  but you can expect the cost to be outrageous.   Lexan , is a good
bet, and if you apply just the right amount of heat,  the lexan will
take a "set", just like the old windows.   These windows don't need a
"C" clip type hehr retainer strip.   They are clean and rectangular
shaped, with the rubber insulation along the window frame in the coach
body.   Good Luck.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221