[VAC] Re: Novice Argosy Owners

Doug and Kris,
That Dodge Dually 1 ton, with a Cummins L6, should be able to pull that
24 ft Argosy straight up and over any pass in the country.  An equalizer
hitch will be helpful at freeway speed, and if your coach is loaded in
an unbalanced manner.  You should at least have a receiver hitch.   You
could probably do without the equalizer.   That dually will not be
pushed around.   I am not sure about the weights, so your best bet is to
have it weighed at your local truck stop.  My 79 , 23 ft A/s was about
4200 lbs dry and 5900 gross, loaded.  Your Argosy should be in that
area, with about a 400 lb hitch weight.  Best to have it weighed, just
to be sure.
Good Luck.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman