[VAC] Flooring material in the new Bambi!

I'm not a rocket scientist, but I realize that some of the newer fabricated
materials are far superior to our dated ideas of what's best.  The plywood
in my
'69 Safari is completely destroyed due to rot!  I understand that the new T
and G wafer board, or what ever it's called is far superior to plywood, much
stronger, and has greater water resistance, resistance to rot, etc.  Are
pressure treated materials a cheapening of product quality?  I see chip
board as heavier when compared to the "holey" sheets of conventional, so
called plywood; however, chip board is just as strong and every bit as
durable.  In many applications, it's better than plywood!

So, how is the use of this material somehow cheapening the quality of a
product.  Seems like we should know the engineering specifications of the
materials before we make rash statements and assign all chip board to the
quality of "K-Mart" furniture!  Is it known for sure that the chip board
isn't being used in all A/S models?

I've  used these materials for structure sheathing and roofing underlayment
and I don't have a problem with their strength as compared to same thickness
plywood.  It's not hard to beat the 3 ply stuff that is sold for plywood
today; unless, the older A/S were constructed with marine plywood.  The
laminate separations of most of the plywood in my '69 Safari are due to poor
specifications of adhesives for the board.  High humidity is expected in a
travel trailer.  Just plain poor specifications for the material result in
every thing being delaminated.  Almost like the incredible shrinking
interior of my 1970s automobiles.  I haven't
seen quality in the '69 Safari unit I'm restoring.  Infact, I think many of
the materials and design of my '69 Safari "suck" when purportedly given the
attribute of a quality product.  A  novel product, yes!  Quality, no!

The newer models might be of far superior quality to the old units?

'69  Safari, Joy