[VAC] Re: white top

I've got an argosy, which is white already, and have seriously thought of
painting it with a special white ceramic paint that reflects heat and
insulates whatever it's covering--supposedly to an almost unbelievable value
of R-19. It was developed by NASA to coat missile nosecones, and is
available to the public for $75/gallon, last I heard. The paint is called
Supertherm, and full technical literature, including extensive third-party
testing results,  is available from the distributor: Superior Products
International, 6459 Universal Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64120, 816/241-1976. I
think I calculated that to coat my 26' Argosy including belly pan with 4
mils of paint, as required, would cost me about $800 bucks in paint alone.
Even though I use my trailer every day as an office, the payback would take
quite a while. I decided to insulate instead, but if anyone decides to use
this stuff, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Gerald J., if you're out there
with your ears on, I could think of no one more qualified to either bless or
debunk this mfrs claims . . .

Dan Weeks
'75 Argosy 26
Des Moines, IA