[VAC] Re: Aluminum Honeycomb

Tuna:
I love to see all the Airstream minds in full flight...

I am sure you can come up with a "hi-tech" floor that could outlast
everything but the shell, but a good plywood with a "hi-tech" sealer will
probably last almost as long....

The electric heat in the floor means a backup heat system or Walmart parking
is out... unless you want to run a fair sized generator all night...any
problem with the system is probably out of the realm of fixing it in the
field...(like broken wire, etc.)   Room temp floors are nice, but somewhere
above luke warm, and my feet start giving me problems....shoes have to come
off...if it gets fairly cold outside, you might have to run the backup heat
to keep up with the loss through the shell...or turn up the heat in the
floor.... like walking on the asphalt in Vegas in the middle of the
Summer....With no forced air, you will probably want to add electric heat to
the tanks to keep them from freezing...

I know we are all different, but happiness is cool (not cold) floors and
warm toilet seats....

Good luck in your efforts and let us know what you find at Everett... It
would be a long trip for me, but you never know....

Jim