[VAC] Re: Aluminum Honeycomb

While the plywood floor is quick and inexpensive, think of the weight
savings of the lightweight hi tech floor. Probably save its price in
gasoline in the next million miles of trailering... ;<)::::

> The electric heat in the floor means a backup heat system or Walmart parking
> is out... unless you want to run a fair sized generator all night...any
> problem with the system is probably out of the realm of fixing it in the
> field...(like broken wire, etc.)   Room temp floors are nice, but somewhere
> above luke warm, and my feet start giving me problems....shoes have to come
> off...if it gets fairly cold outside, you might have to run the backup heat
> to keep up with the loss through the shell...or turn up the heat in the
> floor.... like walking on the asphalt in Vegas in the middle of the
> Summer....With no forced air, you will probably want to add electric heat to
> the tanks to keep them from freezing...
>
> I know we are all different, but happiness is cool (not cold) floors and
> warm toilet seats....

These aspects of the total system need consideration. One might use
multiple independent runs of heater wire so that individual failures
didn't destroy the system. Perhaps the type of heat tape that is self
limiting (if not at too low a temperature) and works as a shunt heating
medium rather than a series medium so you can cut the wire to length and
attach power.

Gerald J.