[VAC] Re: Radiant flooring

Read this string with interest. Couple thoughts. Think the weight gain of
the system would be considerable, tho, even without the thermal mass of a
heavy floor that really makes this kind of system work. So here's a thought:
I've heard that folks are using electrical heat tape of some kind these days
to take the chill off tile floors. Not meant to heat the room, just keep the
floors from feeling chilly. The stuff is thin, and can be put under any hard
surface floor. I'm thinking of installing this stuff under all the the
interior-exposed floor in my Argosy office. That way, you'd get the feel of
a radient floor without the drawbacks, in a simple, inexpensive, lightweight
installation, and could stick with conventional propane for space heating.
Best of both worlds?

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26

-38 with wind chill in Des Moines today, and I'm a toasty 55 degrees in here
with a 3/4" celotex foam door isolating the salon from the rest of the
trailer, using just a pelonis 1,500 watt heater.