[VAC] Re: Radiant flooring

Okay then,
         My 2 cents worth... There is a metal (I think aluminum, but maybe
steel) product made to retrofit old houses with a radiant heating
system.  It comes in small sheets (or maybe I should call them tiles) that
have a couple of grooves to accomodate the tubing and they get stapled to
the underside of the subfloor over the tubing.  The advantage to this
system is that it protects the pipe, reflects the heat up and is easy to
install.  The other thing that might be worth considering is a system that
would be capable of using potable water instead of glycol.  Some radiant
systems use food grade tubing (PEX I think) and run the water through the
house's hot water system.  If you used something like this you could drain
the system before towing.
         By the way, I think THOR should either hire a couple of you as a
design team or throw their new designs to this list before production.
Jodi of J&J 1965 Caravel