[VAC] Re: Radiant flooring

Hello All,
     A company called Wirsbo make a retro-fit radiant heat floor system
which would fit the bill perfectly ( Address: www.wirsbo.com ) I ran across
it when I was researching a radiant floor system to repair a customers slab
system that had coroded in place and was leaking internally. My only
question would be, thickness? (Insulated subfloor, channel & finished floor)
& weight as a radiant floor system uses propylene glycol as an antifreeze
and heat carrier. (diluted with good old water) the tubing itself is
plastic, and you have to bear in mind with the plastic comes some heat
restrictions. A small dedicated RV water heater with a circulating pump
should do the trick. I love radiant heat, but I am afraid the weight penalty
might be too high to make it practical. Personally, part of the appeal of
the vintage Airstream is the lightweight and functional simplicity of its
design. Most modern RVs need a "Tank" to tow them and are heavy and complex.
     If anyone could come up with a light weight subfloor that is well
insulated, the platic tubing wouldn't add that much to the weight, my only
other concern is all that water...
                      James Hall '68 Caravel