Re: [VAC] Olympic heater - feedback please

Hi Deena, I live in Colorado and have a 26' 66 Overlander. Last year I
removed the original, defective Suburban Furnace and installed an Olympian
6100 in the front by the door and a 3100 in the rear bath. On cool evenings
in the mountains(in the low 40's) I use the rear 3100 set on low for a
comfortably cool sleep (with hatch and window cracked). In the morning  or
when colder, I fire up the front 6100 and up the 3100 to high. The two
combined set on high will blast me out, and use far less propane (and no
electricity) than a furnace. I bought them both (during winter sale)and had
them installed at Camping World who  did a superb job. I don't have a
furnace any longer nor plan to replace it. The Olympians provide a warm,
radiant heat.  Last year after coming off 12,000' Freemont pass on my
bicycle in a torential rain, I fired both up to a toasty, sauna-like
thawout.With the two heaters, I have not had to use a fan to circulate
heated air, but could do so with a small fan. I use a portable Vortec
electric heater also available at CW or Wal Mart when plugged in. This
heater circulates heat well throughout the trailer and is very quiet. You
might consider this as an alternate   to a 3100 for the rear, since your
Safari is shorter than my Overlander. The 6100 is the right heater for your
Safari. The 8100 set on high would probably scorch the paint off the walls.
Randy Unter