Re: [VAC] Another new Airstream

Well, what do you think of that? Nick did it. He bought a 1969 Airstream. Okay Nick, give us all the
details. How long? Which floor plan? How did you stumble onto it? But, don't tell us what you paid
for it. We might drool.

You know, you are going to have to put up with a lot of improvements. That was a cornerstone year
when major improvements were introduced. We had a '69 27' when we went to Alaska in '89. It had the
most responsive brakes of any trailer we've had except for our '77 31' Mexican Special. The only
reason we got rid of it was a dealer made us an offer we couldn't refuse. He had a '77 31' that no
one wanted because of the side couch and front credenza. Bingo - that's what we wanted for all our
electronic toys. It meant everything could be built in ready to use.

One advantage of your twin beds is that walking space is usable while standing straight up. Sounds
simplistic, but after a double and walking around it hunched over, I like the latter a lot better.
Plus, the  twins are just about big enough for ... whoopee, whatever that is.

If all the systems are in working order in your '69 and the exterior is great, I'll bet you are
going to feel spoiled. As for quaint - schmaint >> wallow in your your '69s new age quaint. If you
aren't careful, you'll start to think there is another lifestyle besides restoring. You may end up
becoming a socialite at those Blue Grass Festivals you enjoy so much. Everyone will know where the
action is and you'll flaunt it. Seriously, I'm glad for you. Enjoy it and be sure to tell us what
improvements you are introducing.

Terry